Manny Pacquiao, Bob Arum to talk options for Nov. 10 fight
Top Rank promoter Bob Arum is headed to the Philippines on Monday so he can sit down with Manny Pacquiao to discuss the fighter's options for a planned Nov. 10 return to the ring.
"I'll be over there for a week, and while I'm there we'll figure out what the plans are for his next fight," Arum told ESPN.com.
Arum said there are three candidates to face Pacquiao next -- and none of them is Floyd Mayweather Jr., who was released on Friday after a two-month stint in jail for domestic abuse and whom the world wants to see fight Pacquiao.
The candidates to face Pacquiao on Nov. 10, however, come as no surprise. Arum said they are welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley Jr. in a rematch of the tremendously controversial fight they had on June 9, in which Bradley was awarded a shocking split decision; junior welterweight titleholder Juan Manuel Marquez, who has already faced Pacquiao three times in exciting fights that all ended in disputed decisions -- with Pacquiao winning twice and their first bout resulting in a draw; and former three-division titlist Miguel Cotto, whom Pacquiao knocked out in the 12th round of an all-action welterweight title bout in November 2009.
"I gotta tell Manny what I can afford for each fight and we need to talk about each fight, but he makes his own decision," Arum said. "I've talked to him once earlier in the summer and he's been thinking about what he wants to do. He's going to fight on Nov. 10, but we'll spend some time talking through everything and getting everything ironed out, and then I talk to the opponents and try to make a deal."