Jaro accepts loss to Japanese foe

[ Source: ] - July 25, 2012

MANILA, Philippines – Former world flyweight champion Sonny Boy Jaro said he has accepted his loss to Japanese boxer Toshiyuki Igarashi last week, which cost him the World Boxing Council and RING flyweight belts.

Igarashi defeated Jaro via split decision in the Japanese boxer's hometown.

"We did not knock the guy out, so we lost," Jaro told RingTV. "I accept it."

"From the very beginning, I told myself, 'If we will not knock this guys out, even if I'm ahead, we will lose.' I accept it," he added.

But his manager, Aljoe Jaro, refuses to accept his boxer’s loss, saying, "He won the fight, of course."

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/07/24/12/jaro-accepts-loss-japanese-foe

Click here for full story

Clippers, Celtics keeping hope of Carmelo Anthony trade alive?
La Salle overpowers Adamson for share of 2nd place
Battle-tested Beermen ready for the Finals, says Ross
Cone lauds Victolero for job well done in maiden semis stint with Star
Weight issues aside, Canelo Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. ready for tough fight
Hungary to withdraw 2024 summer Olympic bid: government spokesman
Sharjah Grand Prix: Mamedyarov wins to catch Vachier-Lagrave