Header Ads

Pacquiao vs Horn rematch in jeopardy; Promoter frustrated

MANILA, Philippines – Jeff Horn’s promoter is reportedly losing patience over the long wait to get Manny Pacquiao’s nod for the planned rematch with the young Australian.

Dean Lonergan of Duco Promotions, which promotes the 29-year-old Horn, said they are ready to move on and seek other opponents if they do not get confirmation from Pacquiao soon.

Boxers Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines, second left, and Jeff Horn of Australia, second right, pose for a photo in Brisbane, Wednesday, June 28, 2017. | AP Photo/John Pye
“To say he (Pacquiao)’s having second thoughts is pissing me off,” Lonergan, who said they have already booked the Pacquiao-Horn 2 venue for November 12, recently told The Daily Telegraph.

“If he carries on again, it would be my advice to move on and forget about him,” added the promoter.

Frustration from the camp of Horn, who shocked Pacquiao last month to become the new WBO welterweight champion, is mounting over the lack of commitment from the Filipino icon.

While Pacquiao has expressed keenness in another fight with Horn, there had been conflicting reports about where the bout will be held. Just last week, plans were bared about staging Pacquiao-Horn 2 in Manila, which caught everyone else — from Lonergan to Pacquiao’s longtime promoter Bob Arum — by surprise.

Author: Dino Maragay, Philippine Star
Full Article: http://www.philstar.com/sports/2017/08/29/1733836/pacquiao-vs-horn-rematch-jeopardy-promoter-frustrated

No comments

Powered by Blogger.