Header Ads


Pacquiao vs Horn rematch could take place in 2018 – Arum

MANILA, Philippines – Manny Pacquiao’s rematch with Jeff Horn can happen next year instead, according to Top Rank Inc. chief Bob Arum.

Speaking recently to ESPN Deportes, Arum said Pacquiao’s busy schedule in the Philippine senate will leave him with insufficient time to get in good shape for the rematch planned this November.

Jeff Horn, left, of Australia and Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines fight during their WBO World welterweight title bout in Brisbane, Australia, Sunday, July 2, 2017. | AP Photo/Tertius Pickard
Instead, Horn, who stunned Pacquiao last month to take away the WBO welterweight strap, could end up with a different dance partner.

"Manny is deciding if he wants a rematch this year or next year. If he decides to postpone it, we will make a fight for Jeff in November against a good opponent in Brisbane," the veteran promoter said.

Arum will reportedly fly to Manila soon to clear things up with Pacquiao, who, despite being keen on fighting Horn again, hasn’t committed to the bout yet.

Author: Dino Maragay, Philippine Star
Full Article: http://www.philstar.com/sports/2017/08/30/1734164/pacquiao-vs-horn-rematch-could-take-place-2018-arum

No comments

Powered by Blogger.