Header Ads


Former champ Hopkins advises Pacquiao to 'move on' from Horn loss

Former world champion Bernard Hopkins is unconvinced that Manny Pacquiao lost to Australia's Jeff Horn when they fought earlier this month, but nevertheless hopes that the "Pacman" will move on from that defeat.

Pacquiao was a massive favorite over Horn when they fought in the "Battle of Brisbane" last July 2, but the homegrown fighter managed to hack out a controversial decision to claim the WBO welterweight belt.

Bernard Hopkins.
Speaking to Radio Rahim, Hopkins said that in his opinion, "there is no way in the world that Pacquiao lost that fight."

"No way in the world," he said emphatically, as quoted by Boxing Scene.

Hopkins, who won titles at middleweight and light-heavyweight, said he could not help but shake his head when the decision was announced.

"I gave Pacquiao at least nine rounds, eight easy," said Hopkins, who became the oldest man to win a major world title in 2014. "I don't see how (Horn) won. I don't know what they (the judges) were watching."

Source: http://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/07/18/17/former-champ-hopkins-advises-pacquiao-to-move-on-from-horn-loss

No comments

Powered by Blogger.